Monday, October 17, 2011

This will contain nothing but venting so proceed with caution.

I am so sick of selfish people.  I know that it is impossible to escape them, but it is really getting to me.  It is really hard to just deal with them when they are your own family members.  I honestly don't understand how I am part of my family sometimes.  I am nothing like them.  I get ridiculed for NOT DRINKING. And made fun of when I try to confront a serious issue.  I honestly don't know what to do anymore.  I wish I could just say "screw them" but I'm not that kind of person.  I wish there was someone who could give me some good advice, but I really don't think there is any.  I guess I'll just have to try and deal with it even though they will all end up making fun of me this weekend for being a good person.  They make fun of my relationship, my beliefs, and things that mean a lot to me.  They can't accept anything that they don't like even if it isn't affecting them in anyway.  They don't realize how their actions are affecting me, but if I tried to tell them that they would refuse to even try to understand. 

I always hope that writing will give me answers, but it doesn't.  It makes me feel better for a little while, but it never solves anything.

3 comments:

  1. Hey Jen! I'm checking out your blog for the first time...thanks for following me! I realize that you're venting (so its probably more intense feelings than usual) but if you even need someone to listen, I'm here. I read your blog. I can relate. Keep standing up for what you believe in girl! They may not understand how their actions are effecting you and they may not understand the reasons behind your beliefs and actions. But if you keep standing up for yourself, your relationships, and your beliefs, they will have to respect you. I hope all is going well this week

    ReplyDelete
  2. It took me a long time to actually start standing up for myself and now that I have I know it's the right thing to do, but it's just hard sometimes. Thank you for reading my post and thank you for your support!

    By the way I'm Hannah's sister's husband's sister lmao! Not sure if that makes any sense!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No problem.

    Hey! Cool! That does make sense haha :D I've never officially met your bro or Jenna, but Hannah and I get to hang out a lot. Nice "meeting" you :)

    ReplyDelete